We all lead busy lives, so it’s important to save time and maximize efficiency whenever we can. The new eSignature feature from Charles Schwab allows you to review, electronically sign, and send back eligible forms to us, making a variety of processes quicker and easier than ever before.
At DWM, we always stay up to date with the latest technology and keep you informed, so we can ensure the best possible experience for our clients. As we learn more about today’s changing technology and the need to stay on top of cybersecurity, going digital allows sensitive client material to remain safely guarded, as well as providing an easier, less burdensome and more accurate onboarding process for everyone.
eSignature is accepted on many new account applications, maintenance forms, and managed account forms, such as:
- Schwab One Personal accounts
- Schwab One Trust Accounts
- Company Retirement Accounts (CRA/Pension Trust)
- Custodial/Minor IRA Applications
- Account Closure Forms
- Designated Beneficiary Plan Agreements
- Investor Checking Accounts
- IRA Distribution Forms
- MoneyLink Applications
- Transfer Your Account (Into or Out of Charles Schwab)
This time-saving eSignature feature is extremely efficient, and it’s easy to use, too! Simply follow the steps below and you’ll be well on your way to mastering electronic signatures.
1) When expecting a form for eSignature, keep an eye out for an email from Charles Schwab that states “Documents for Your Electronic Signature.”
2) Click “Review Documents” at the bottom of that email.
3) Log into your Schwab account using your Schwab Alliance when prompted. If you don’t know your account information, let us know or contact Schwab Alliance at 1-800-515-2157.
4) Click “Agree/Continue” to agree to the eSignature terms and conditions.
5) Review the document and ensure that it is accurate before signing.
6) When you are ready, choose from two signing options: automatic signature or draw, in which you digitally “draw” your own signature.
7) Click “Sign” in all places where signature or initial is needed.
8) Click “Finish” to complete the process. DWM will be notified promptly and you will then receive a confirmation email.
We could all use some time back in our day, so if you’d like to learn more about eSignature, reach out to us at any time or contact Schwab Alliance at 1-800-515-2157 for more information.